Beginning at this level, students can progress through to pre-intermediate, intermediate and upperintermediate levels. Unlike other ‘non-award’ English programs, this “Award” course is nationally recognised by the Australian Government and internationally. At this level the focus is on the development of English language speaking, listening, reading and writing skills directly related to immediate personal and social needs together with electives selected to develop relevant social, settlement and numeracy skills and knowledge.CRICOS PROGRAM CODES: 095285G
The minimum age of the student should be 18 years old or above. There are no limitations to entry based on gender, physical ability, social or educational background. Entry to the course is determined on the following criteria in order to place learners in the level appropriate to their proﬁciency in English language.
- a participant’s current English language skills
- a participant’s prior formal education experience
- any prior ‘English as Another Language’ learning
- a participant’s learning and further educational needs
Students must meet their Visa requirements.
- Enrolment Fee: AUD$200 (non-refundable)
- Tuition Fees: AUD$5,500
- Fees include all material costs and learning resources.
Pathways and Further StudyGraduates from this course will be awarded a Certiﬁcate l in EAL (Access) and may exit at an IELTS level 3. On successful completion, graduates may undertake further English study and/or enrol in a Certiﬁcate Level l or ll VET qualiﬁcation.
Course Delivery28 weeks of total course duration (24 weeks classroom delivery + maximum 4 weeks of holidays) @ 20 hours per week made up of:
- 16 hours teacher-led classroom delivery
- 4 hours computer lab work with tutorial support. During this time students complete activities using the support program MyEnglishLab
- Minimum 4 hours independent reading, study and/or project work.
- Distance learning is not available.
- Day, evening and weekend classes available
- Classroom with active involvement of all participants
- English language text with easy to understand activities
- Computer lab with tutorial support
- Bilingual support
- Culturally sensitive to learners needs
Portfolio, reading activities, writing activities, questions, role play, learning plan, interview, research, computer tasks, presentation.
|VU21454||Plan language learning with support|
|VU21446 ||Use basic digital technology language and skills|
|VU21451||Participate in short simple exchanges|
|VU21449 ||Read and write short simple messages and forms|
|VU21450 ||Give and respond to short, simple verbal instructions and information|
|VU21448 ||Read and write short simple informational and instructional texts|
|VU21445 ||Locate health and medical information|
|VU21444||Identify Australian leisure activities|