Beginning at this level, students can progress through to an upper-intermediate level. Unlike other ‘nonaward’ English programs, this “Award” course is nationally recognised by the Australian Government and internationally. At this level the focus is on the consolidation of English language speaking, listening, reading and writing skills so that participants can access a range of further English language education or vocational training or a combination of both which may require some specialisation.CRICOS PROGRAM CODES: 095287E
The minimum age of the student should be 18 years old or above. There are no limitations to entry based on gender, physical ability, social or educational background. Entry to the course is determined on the following criteria in order to place learners in the level appropriate to their proﬁciency in English language.
- A participant’s current English language skills
- A participant’s prior formal education experience
- Any prior ‘English as Another Language’ learning
- A participant’s learning and further educational needs
Students must meet their Visa requirements.
- Enrolment Fee: AUD$200 (non-refundable)
- Tuition Fees: AUD$5,500
- Fees include all material costs and learning resources.
Pathways and Further StudyGraduates from this course will be awarded a Certiﬁcate lll in EAL (Access) and may exit at an IELTS level 5 – 5.5. On successful completion, graduates may undertake further English study and/or enrol in a Certiﬁcate Level lll or IV VET qualiﬁcation.
Course Delivery28 weeks of total course duration (25 weeks classroom delivery + maximum 3 weeks of holidays) @ 20 hours per week made up of:
- 16 hours teacher-led classroom delivery
- 4 hours computer lab work with tutorial support. During this time students complete activities using the support program MyEnglishLab
- Minimum 4 hours independent reading, study and/or project work.
- Distance learning is not available.
- Day, evening and weekend classes available
- Classroom with active involvement of all participants
- English language text with easy to understand activities
- Computer lab with tutorial support
- Bilingual support
- Culturally sensitive to learners needs
Portfolio, group discussion, report, reading activities, writing activities, questions, role play, learning plan, interview, presentation.
|VU21323 ||Develop and document a learning plan and portfolio|
|VU21472 ||Investigate features of the education system in Australia|
|VU21465 ||Engage in casual conversations and straightforward spoken transactions|
|VU21467 ||Read and write a range of straightforward communications and transactional texts|
|VU21466 ||Give and respond to a range of straightforward information and instructions|
|VU21468 ||Read and write straightforward informational and instructional texts|
|VU21470 ||Investigate issues in the Australian environment|
|VU21473 ||Investigate Australian art and culture|