Bourke St Campus
CRICOS COURSE CODE: 095284GThis qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters. They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Corse DurationDelivery will occur over an 90 Weeks (78 weeks training and 12 weeks holiday break) period of full time study.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration.
|Registration Fee||$500 (non-refundable)|
|Total Course Fee||$15,200|
|Fees include all material costs and learning resources.|
Entry/ Admission Requirements
Pre-Training Review (PTR):Selection for enrolment in SHIC courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SHIC. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SHIC Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SHIC review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SHIC will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration -it’s odd under entry requirements.
Age RequirementsSHIC requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Prior Achievement Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- A good command of written English
- Meet all Student Visa requirements, including:
- The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management ACSF Profile.
- Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
- See the SHIC LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language RequirementsAll students entering this qualification must have the following minimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
- IELTS overall band of 5.5 or
- TOEFL IBT test score band of 54-56 equivalents or
- PTE Academic band score 42 equivalent or
- Satisfactory completion of General English – Upper Intermediate level or
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Spoken and Written English (10725NAT) or equivalent course or
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English or
- Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course or
- Student’s first language is English or
- Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
Assessment MethodsAssessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Job RolesJob roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Customer Service Manager
- Business Manager
- Business Analyst
- Face to face at our Melbourne Campus – 20 hours per week of classroom based training sessions
- 8 hours of self study including structured self-directed learning & completing assessment work started in class
- Up to an hour per week of individual support if required
Unity of Competence
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|PSPGEN067||Establish and mantain strategic networks|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBDIV601||Develop and implement diversity policy|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBHRM604||Manage employee relations|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development|
- Training product status:Superseded as of 18th October 2020. Students will be transitioned to the new qualification as soon as practicable prior to 18th April 2022 and students will be advised of the impacts in writing.