Bourke St Campus
CRICOS COURSE CODE: 095280AThis qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
|Registration Fee||$500 (non-refundable)|
|Total Course Fees||$5,200|
|Fees include all material costs and learning resources.|
Course DurationDelivery will occur over an 28 Weeks (26 weeks training and 2 weeks holiday break) period of full time study.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration.
Entry/ Admission RequirementsPre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in SHIC courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SHIC. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SHIC Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SHIC review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SHIC will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
Age RequirementsSHIC requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Prior Achievement Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- A good command of written English
- Meet all Student Visa requirements, including:
- The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Certificate IV in Business ACSF Profile.
- Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
- See the SHIC LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language Requirementsminimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
- IELTS overall band of 5.5 or
- TOEFL IBT test score band of 54-56 equivalents or
- PTE Academic band score 42 equivalent or
- Satisfactory completion of General English – Upper Intermediate level or
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Spoken and Written English (10725NAT) or equivalent course or
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English or
- Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course or
- Student’s first language is English or
- Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
Assessment MethodsAssessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Job RolesJob roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Administration Officer
- Sales Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Personal Assistant
- Face to face at our Melbourne Campus – 20 hours per week of classroom based training sessions
- 10 hours of self study including structured self-directed learning & completing assessment work started in class
- Up to an hour per week of individual support if required
Units of Competence
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements.
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation.|
|BSBMKG414||Undertake marketing activities.
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs.|
|BSBWOR404||Develop Work Priorities.
|BSBLED401 ||Develop teams and individuals.|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards.
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of Customer Service strategies.|