CRICOS COURSE CODE: 104329KThis qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
|Registration Fee||$500 (non-refundable)|
|Total Course Fee||$12,200|
|Fees include all material costs and learning resources.|
Corse DurationDelivery will occur over a 56 weeks (52 weeks training and 4 weeks holiday break) period of full time study.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration.
Entry/ Admission Requirements
Pre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in SHIC courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SHIC. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SHIC Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SHIC review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SHIC will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
Age RequirementsSHIC requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Prior Achievement Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- A good command of written English
- Meet all Student Visa requirements, including:
- The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Diploma of Leadership and Management ACSF Profile.
- Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
- See the SHIC LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language RequirementsAll students entering this qualification must have the following minimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
- IELTS overall band of 5.5 or
- TOEFL IBT test score band of 54-56 equivalents or
- PTE Academic band score 42 equivalent or
- Satisfactory completion of General English – Upper Intermediate level or
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Spoken and Written English (10725NAT) or equivalent course or
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English or
- Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course or
- Student’s first language is English or
- Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
Assessment MethodsAssessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Job RolesJob roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Office Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Senior Administrator
- Senior Executive
- Face to face at our Melbourne Campus – 20 hours per week of classroom based training sessions
- 8 hours of self study including structured self-directed learning & completing assessment work started in class
- Up to an hour per week of individual support if required
Units of Competence
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBLDR522||Manage people performance
|BSBSTR502 ||Facilitate continuous improvement
|BSBWHS521 ||Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
|BSBTWK503 ||Manage meetings
|BSBOPS505||Manage organisational customer service
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|