CRICOS COURSE CODE:103120BThis qualification reflects the roles of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others. This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability.
|Registration Fee||$500 (non-refundable)|
|Total Course Fee||$19,200|
|Fees include all material costs and learning resources.|
Course DurationDelivery will occur over an 86 Week (78 weeks training and 8 weeks holiday break) period of full time study.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration.
Entry/ Admission RequirementsPre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in SHIC courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SHIC. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SHIC Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SHIC review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SHIC will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
Age RequirementsSHIC requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Prior Achievement Requirements
- Student must have completed nationally recognised relevant Advanced Diploma Qualification (AQF level 6) / equivalent*/ higher level qualification achieved in the last 5 years.OR At least twelve months of work experience in a leadership/management or learning management role in the last 5 years. * Students with overseas qualifications will need to have level equivalency determined by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, online applications here:
- The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Graduate Diploma of Management ACSF Profile.
- Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
- See the SHIC LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language RequirementsAll students entering this qualification must have the following minimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 or
- TOEFL IBT test score band of 60 equivalents or
- PTE Academic band score 51 equivalent or
- Satisfactory completion of General English – Advanced level or
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English or
- Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course or
- Student’s first language is English or
- Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
Assessment MethodsAssessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Job RolesJob roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- RTO Manager,
- Career Development Manager (Education Sector),
- RTO Education Advisor
- L&D Manager
- Face to face at our Melbourne Campus – 20 hours per week of classroom based training sessions
- 8 hours of self study including structured self-directed learning & completing assessment work started in class
- Up to an hour per week of individual support if required
Units of Competence
|BSBINN801||Lead innovative thinking and practice|
|BSBRES801||Initiate and lead applied research
|BSBFIM801||Manage financial resources
|BSBLDR801||Lead personal and strategic transformation
|BSBLED802||Lead learning strategy implementation
|BSBINN501||Establish systems that support innovation
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change
|PSPMGT012||Facilitate knowledge management
Training product status: