CRICOS COURSE CODE: 106001GThis qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills. Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor). The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- advanced data management information: creating, designing and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
- cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- full stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
- further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
- IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
- systems development and analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions
- telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
|Registration Fee||$500 (non-refundable)|
|Total Course Fee||$15,200|
|Fees include all material costs and learning resources.|
Corse DurationDelivery will occur over a 90 weeks (78 weeks training + 12 weeks holiday) period of full time study.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration.
Entry/ Admission RequirementsPre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in SHIC courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SHIC. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SHIC Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SHIC review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SHIC will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
Age RequirementsSHIC requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Prior Achievement Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- A good command of written English
- Meet all Student Visa requirements, including:
- – Year 12 academic education (or equivalent)
- The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Advanced Diploma of Information Technology ACSF Profile.
- Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
- See the SHIC LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language RequirementsAll students entering this qualification must have the following minimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
- IELTS overall band of 5.5 or
- TOEFL IBT test score band of 54-56 equivalents or
- PTE Academic band score 42 equivalent or
- Satisfactory completion of General English – Upper Intermediate level or
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Spoken and Written English (10725NAT) or equivalent course or
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English or
- Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course or
- Student’s first language is English or
- Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
Assessment MethodsAssessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Job RolesJob roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Optical Network Manager,
- Senior Specialist
- Technician (Telecommunications), Telecommunications Technical Officer, Senior Technical Officer (Telecommunications Engineering),
- Telecommunications Engineer,
- IP Convergence Integrator,
- Senior Technical Officer (Electronic Technology).
- Face to face at our Melbourne Campus – 20 hours per week of classroom based training sessions
- 8 hours of self study including structured self-directed learning & completing assessment work started in class
- Up to an hour per week of individual support if required
Units of Competence
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|ICTSAD609||Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|ICTICT618||Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBSTR601||Manage innovation and continuous improvement
|ICTNPL413||Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry
|ICTICT614||Identify and implement business innovation|
|ICTNWK612||Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks|
|ICTPMG613||Manage ICT project planning
|ICTTEN615||Manage network traffic|
|ICTDBS605||Develop knowledge management strategies|
|ICTTEN622||Produce ICT network architecture designs|
|ICTSUS603||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects|